- Botanical Name: Emblica officinalis, Phyllanthus emblica
- Common Name: Indian Gooseberry, Amla, Avla
- Standardised For: 10% β-glucogallin, 50% Total Hydrolyzable Tannins
- Parts Used: Fruits, seeds, leaves, bark & flowers
- Helps in lowering blood pressure and keeps heart healthy by synthesis of collagen for arterial walls.
- Amla has anti-diabetic property and helps in curing scurvy.
- Shows very effective result in hair growth and reduces premature graying of hair. It treats hair scalp.
- As a collagen synthesizer, amla improves complexion and removes wrinkles and sun burns.
- Amla is the richest source of Vitamin C and thus has excellent role as detoxifier of the liver, promoting production of WBCs and antibodies and thus enhances body immunity.